Reggie "Reg" Fluker, is a licensed real estate broker and community economic development adviser and trainer practicing in southeast Michigan. He is presently an executive manager with formal education, training, and expertise in multiple disciplines, including and not limited to organizational development, administration and management, finance, marketing, and entrepreneurship. Reggie is a proven strategist who prides himself on being effective in helping to resolve the most difficult business challenges. Previously approved by the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) as a technical assistance consultant for public-sector endeavors, Fluker specializes in overcoming challenges of an urban redevelopment nature, particularly public-private efforts utilizing single and mixed funding with supportive services. He has project management experience in redevelopment and management of large-scale residential and commercial projects with budgets of over $100 million dollars. This experience results in Reggie having an excellent working knowledge of federal regulatory requirements for several programs, including but not limited to IRS Sec. 42, HUD Sections 3, 8, 108, 202, 811, CDBG, NSP, HOME, HOPE VI and public housing, as well as SBA 8(a) and HUBzone programs. He is also very familiar with State, local and private economic development programs promoting housing, employment, entrepreneurship, and tax revenue enhancements.
Academically, Reggie is a native Detroiter who completed his undergraduate and graduate college work at Wayne State University [WSU] in Detroit, earning a Bachelor’s degree in corporate finance and a Master of Business Administration [MBA] degree in taxation/accounting. He also received a Graduate Certificate in Economic Development from WSU's School of Urban Planning. During his college years, Reggie was trained by a local real estate attorney/broker as a legal assistant with emphasis in business and real estate matters, and has held real estate licenses for over 34 years (29 years as a licensed broker.) He has completed extensive training in energy efficiency and sustainable environment design, and was previously trained and State-certified to supervise lead paint abatement activities, as well as trained and previously licensed in multiple lines of insurance (including property and casualty.)
Among other engagements, Fluker contractually provides training in real estate pre-licensing and investing, entrepreneurship and business management, budgeting and financial literacy, and other college level and trade-specific courses. He regularly provides advice and assistance to business and nonprofit entities having community and real estate re-development projects. Reggie also assists government agencies with economic surveys, program development, implementation, and evaluation; his clients have included the Detroit VA Medical Center and Ann Arbor's Sigma Financial/NewVisions for Detroit among others.
On a personal note, Reggie prides himself on being a fast learner. While growing up as a landlord’s kid from the age of 13, his dad taught him business basics and how to manage and repair rental properties. During subsequent years, Fluker completed numerous projects on his own involving acquisition, rehabilitation, operation, and disposition of income-producing ventures. At age 20, Reggie’s first independent effort was acquisition and redevelopment of a small foreclosed home on Detroit's northeast side. Then his very next venture was at the ripe age of 24, when he acquired a 4 story, 43-unit elevator apartment building on Detroit’s west side. He later acquired numerous residential and commercial investment properties through tax and mortgage foreclosures, REO auctions, private owners, and other processes. In 1986, as a new real estate broker, Fluker’s very first sales transaction, wherein he represented the buyer, was a mixed-use storefront in downtown Detroit's Paradise Valley area near Madison & I-75 (now Detroit Lion’s Ford Field area.)
Reggie's own non-realty business and entrepreneurial experience stems from his successful creation, ownership and management of two ladies apparel and accessories retail stores in downtown Detroit in the mid-80s. In the service sector, he created, owned, and operated a small business advisory and development firm that provided organizational development, bookkeeping, tax return preparation, management, marketing, and other support services to startup and existing entrepreneurs.
Reggie continues to actively participate in the southeast Michigan region through his investing and professional service activities, as well as charitable governance involvement on the Boards of several nonprofit organizations.
Accomplishments and Achievements --
· Successfully coordinated and closed-out two phases of a $102 mil four phase HUD
community re-development and supportive services program for 1,000 new and
rehabilitated public housing rental units.
· Completed a successful turnaround of over 890 poorly performing rental units at four
sites having separate site management, maintenance, and resident council teams.
· Developed and coordinated implementation of organizational, financial, and marketing
plans for several startup and existing small profit and nonprofit entities.
· Organized and developed a real estate brokerage to $1.5 mil in gross revenues within
Skill set –
· Resourceful and entrepreneurial
· Project/team management and quality assurance experience
· Multi-million dollar program, budget, and reporting administration
· Government regulation compliance and legal assistance experience
· Economic development, finance, legal, and supervisory experience
· Training and education provision experience
· IT savvy and computer proficient in MS Office applications
· Exceptional writing and verbal communication
· Critical/analytical thinking and logical reasoning
· Ability to see things others may overlook
Advance Education –
· Master of Business Administration – Taxation/Accounting
· Bachelor’s of Science in Business Administration – Finance
· Graduate Certificate in Economic Development
- CPM coursework completed - Institute of Real Estate Management [IREM}
- HUD-REAC UPCS certification completed
- Project Management Professional [PMP] courses completed
· Trained and licensed Real Estate Broker
Clients and Employers (former and current) –
· Raed AlHazme Properties – RiyadhSaudi Arabia
· Michigan Institute of Real Estate – Southfield, MI
· International Asset Management Group – Oak Park, MI
· The Real Property Management Specialists – Detroit, MI
· City of Detroit Housing Commission – Detroit, MI
· U.S. Dept. of VeteranAffairsHospital – Detroit, MI
· City of Decatur – Decatur, IL
· Corktown Community Development Corporation – Detroit, MI
· Sigma Financial Corporation, New Vision for Detroit – Ann Arbor, MI
· Lewis College of Business – Detroit, MI
· First Federal Bank – Detroit, MI
· Meta Stores – Detroit, MI
· Law Office of Cory King, P.C. – Southfield, MI
· Detroit Police Department – Detroit, MI
· Ford Motor Company – Sterling Heights, MI
· MortgageRamp – Atlanta, GA
· Clear Capital – Truckee, CA
· Titanium Solutions – Fort Mill, SC
· eMortgage Logic – Fort Worth, TX