Reggie Fluker is a community & personal wealth-builder of over 40 years, who has amassed a wealth of knowledge (that he loves to share) and expertise in finance, small business, real estate, and community economic development.
As broker, consultant, advisor, trainer, and "coach", Reggie (Reg) is a licensed real estate professional and community economic development specialist practicing in southeast Michigan. He is an executive manager of Aaron Associates Incorporated, REALTORS, a mid-size real estate brokerage doing business as AMAZING! Real Estate Solutions, and has formal education, training, and expertise in multiple disciplines, including and not limited to organizational development, administrative management, finance, marketing, entrepreneurship, and public/government relations. Reggie is a proven strategist who prides himself on being effective in helping to resolve the most difficult challenges. Reggie has served as a member of the Boards of Directors for the Michigan Association of REALTORS (Michigan REALTORS), the Grosse Pointe Board of REALTORS (GPBR), and the Board of Regents for the Macomb Chapter of GPBR.
During his years of professional real estate practice, Fluker has listed, sold, redeveloped, and managed over several thousand residential and commercial properties, including single family, multi-family, apartments, retail, multi-structure complex, and office units. Reggie especially enjoys actively participating in urban redevelopment projects, particularly public-private efforts that utilize mixed funding and include supportive services. Prior to his present engagements, he was approved by the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) as a technical assistance consultant for public-sector endeavors. He has project/program management experience in redevelopment of large-scale residential projects with budgets of over $200 million dollars. This experience results in Reggie having an excellent working knowledge of federal regulatory requirements for several programs, including but not limited to IRS Sec. 42, HUD Sections 3, 8, 108, 202, 811, CDBG, NSP, HOME, HOPE VI and public housing, as well as SBA 8(a) and HUBzone programs. He is also very familiar with State, local and private community economic development programs promoting housing, employment, and entrepreneurship.
Academically, Reggie is a native Detroiter who completed his undergraduate and graduate college work at Wayne State University [WSU] in Detroit, earning a Bachelor’s degree in corporate finance and a Master of Business Administration [MBA] degree in taxation/accounting. He also received a Graduate Certificate in Economic Development from WSU's School of Urban Planning. During the first five of his thirty-eight license years, Reggie trained and worked as a legal assistant for a well-known local real estate attorney/broker, with emphasis in small business and residential real estate matters. During his 33 years, as a licensed broker, he has trained and worked in residential/commercial mortgage financing, property/casualty insurance, inspection, lead paint abatement, energy efficiency and sustainable environment design, and other specialty areas, and was previously State-certified to supervise lead paint abatement activities.
Among other engagements, Fluker contractually provides training in real estate pre-licensing, continuing education, real estate investing, entrepreneurship/business management, budgeting/financial literacy, and other college level and trade-specific courses. He regularly provides advice and assistance to business and nonprofit entities having community and real estate re-development projects. Reggie also assists government agencies with economic surveys, program development, implementation, and evaluation; his clients have included the Detroit VA Medical Center and Ann Arbor's Sigma Financial/NewVisions for Detroit among others.
On a personal note, Reggie prides himself on being a fast learner and thorough adviser. While growing up as a landlord’s kid from the age of 13, his dad taught him business basics and how to manage and repair rental properties. During subsequent years, Fluker completed numerous projects on his own involving acquisition, rehabilitation, operation, and disposition of income-producing ventures. At age 20, Reggie’s first independent effort was acquisition and redevelopment of a small foreclosed home on Detroit's northeast side. Then his very next venture was at the ripe age of 24, when he acquired a 4 story, 43-unit, elevator apartment building on Detroit’s west side. He later acquired numerous residential and commercial investment properties through tax and mortgage foreclosures, bank auctions, private owners, and other processes. In 1986, as a new real estate broker, Fluker’s very first sales transaction, wherein he represented the buyer, was a mixed-use storefront on St. Antione in downtown Detroit's Paradise Valley area near Madison & I-375 (now Detroit Lion’s Ford Field area.)
Reggie's small business and entrepreneurial experience started with his successful creation, ownership and management of two ladies apparel and accessories retail stores in downtown Detroit in the mid-80s. In the service sector, he created, owned, and operated a small business advisory and development firm that provided organizational development, bookkeeping, tax return preparation, management, marketing, and other support services to startup and existing entrepreneurs.
Reggie continues to actively participate in the southeast Michigan region through his investing and professional service activities, as well as charitable governance involvement on the Boards of several nonprofit organizations.
Accomplishments and Achievements --
· Successfully coordinated and closed-out two phases of a $102 mil four phase HUD
community re-development and supportive services program for 1,000 new and
rehabilitated public housing rental units.
· Completed a successful turnaround of over 890 poorly performing rental units at four
sites having separate site management, maintenance, and resident council teams.
· Developed and coordinated implementation of organizational, financial, and marketing
plans for several startup and existing small profit and nonprofit entities.
· Organized and developed a real estate brokerage to $1.5 mil in gross revenues within
Skill set –
· Resourceful and entrepreneurial
· Project/team management and quality assurance experience
· Multi-million dollar program, budget, and reporting administration
· Government regulation compliance and legal assistance experience
· Economic development, finance, legal, and supervisory experience
· Training and education provision experience
· IT savvy and computer proficient in MS Office applications
· Exceptional writing and verbal communication
· Critical/analytical thinking and logical reasoning
· Ability to see things others may overlook
Advance Education –
· Master of Business Administration – Taxation/Accounting
· Bachelor’s of Science in Business Administration – Finance
· Graduate Certificate in Economic Development
· Trained and licensed Real Estate Broker
Professional Certifications/Designations –
· Senior Real Estate Specialist [SRES]
· Accredited Buyer Representative [ABR]
· Short sales & Foreclosure Resource [SFR]
- Certified Property Manager-candidate [CPM] (coursework completed)
- HUD-REAC UPCS certification completed
- Project Management Professional [PMP] courses completed
Clients and Employers (former and current) –
· Raed AlHazme Properties – RiyadhSaudi Arabia
· Michigan Institute of Real Estate – Southfield, MI
· International Asset Management Group – Oak Park, MI
· The Real Property Management Specialists – Detroit, MI
· City of Detroit Housing Commission – Detroit, MI
· U.S. Dept. of VeteranAffairsHospital – Detroit, MI
· City of Decatur – Decatur, IL
· Corktown Community Development Corporation – Detroit, MI
· Sigma Financial Corporation, New Vision for Detroit – Ann Arbor, MI
· Lewis College of Business – Detroit, MI
· First Federal Bank – Detroit, MI
· Meta Stores – Detroit, MI
· Law Office of Cory King, P.C. – Southfield, MI
· Detroit Police Department – Detroit, MI
· Ford Motor Company – Sterling Heights, MI
· MortgageRamp – Atlanta, GA
· Clear Capital – Truckee, CA
· Titanium Solutions – Fort Mill, SC
· eMortgage Logic – Fort Worth, TX